YOUR COMPLETE POWER SOLUTIONS PROVIDER
With focus on sustainability, quality and reliability, BOS Power provides propulsion, energy storage and power generation systems.
We help customers in the Nordic region secure mission critical operations for commercial marine, data centers, hospitals, energy companies, telecommunications and industry.
As a systems integrator and provider of services, we take care of the complete delivery from design, production and commissioning to support and service.
We are 215 employees and had a turnover of NOK 812 million in 2022. Headquartered in Bergen, BOS Power operates in 10 locations throughout the Nordic region and is a part of the Bertel O. Steen Group in Norway.
NORDIC DISTRIBUTOR AND SERVICE PARTNER FOR mtu
Since 1969, we have been the Norwegian distributor and service partner for mtu/Rolls Royce Power Systems (RRPS), a leading global engine manufacturer of large diesel engines and marine propulsion systems.
ROLLS-ROYCE SYSTEMS PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS
We are the sole authorised distributor and service partner for mtu/RRPS products and solutions in the Nordic region. This includes Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
As mtu/RRPS distributor and service partner we provide a wide range of products, solutions and services:
- mtu Original Spare Parts
- mtu Marine Engines and Generator sets
- mtu Emergency and Standby generators
- mtu Industrial Engines
- mtu Sustainable energy storage solutions
- Guarantee for genuine replacement parts designed, tested and approved specifically for mtu/RRPS engines and solutions
- Our certified service engineers and technicians are specially trained and experienced in a wide range of mtu/RRPS engine products and solutions, thereby enabling them to swiftly diagnose and repair your engine or equipment 24/7/365 anywhere in the Nordic region
- In our Bergen training centre, certified instructors provide standard courses in mtu engines and automation systems for customers as well as in-depth courses for authorised service partners
THIS IS HOW THE ADVENTURE STARTED
From a young, Norwegian man's small import business in 1901 to Bertel O. Steen Holding - a major, Scandinavian concern with a turnover of 23 billion NOK and 3.000 employees. This is our history spanning more than 120 years.
1901 - THE BEGINNING
Bertel Otto Steen was 25 years old when he started importing iron, steel, galoshes, bakelite telephones and razors from the US to Norway. Having sold three Cadillacs in 1903, he founded what became one of the Nordic region's largest players in sales and service services for cars, vans, trucks and buses.
1969 - mtu DISTRIBUTOR
Bertel O. Steen Teknikk (Bostek) is established. Ever since, it has been the Norwegian importer and distributor of mtu products and solutions.
2011 - FAMILY BUSINESS
The Bertel O. Steen holding company is established with two business areas: Bertel O. Steen AS for automotive operations and Bertel O. Steen Kapital AS for other businesses where Bostek is part of Bertel O. Steen Kapital.
2017 - BRANCHING OUT
Bostek strengthens its expertise in energy-saving and hybrid propulsion solutions for ships by acquired the Norwegian company Inpower AS.
2019 - NEW NAME
Bostek changes name to Bertel O. Steen Power Solutions (BOS Power).
2019 - EXPANDING OPERATIONS IN SWEDEN
BOS Power establishes branch in Jordbro, Stockholm specialising in component overhaul and aftermarket services.
2020 - EXPANDING OPERATIONS IN FINLAND
BOS Power establishes branch in Vantaa, Helsinki, specialising in power solutions for marine vessels and various industrial applications.
2020 - EVER GROWING MARKETS
BOS Power acquires the Swedish emergency power specialist Elektromatik Power Generation AB and the Danish marine propulsion specialist Holm Technoscan.
2020 - STRENGTHENING PARTNERSHIPS
BOS Power enters a pan-Nordic Rolls Royce Power Systems distribution agreement covering all the Nordic countries for the marine and power generation segment.
2022 - CONTINUOUS EXPANSION
Servogear, a Norwegian provider of propulsion solutions for high-speed maritime vessels, is aquired. In November, Norwegian emergency power specialist Eanor joins the group.
QUALITY AND HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAt BOS Power, prioritising quality, health, safety and the environment is a cornerstone of our business activities. We believe in delivering exceptional products and services while protecting the environment, as well as the health and safety of our most important asset – our employees.
Our quality management system provides a structured approach for upholding the highest standards and continuous improvement, as well as meeting our quality goals in a systematic way in our daily operations. To ensure that we meet our goals, we hold an ISO 9001:2015 certificate. The certificate is proof that we have, maintain and continuously develop a management system that ensures we always meet your requirements and expectations of our products and solutions.
Health, safety and environment for our employees
We provide a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace for our employees. Our health and safety policy contains guidelines intended to raise awareness for all employees. It also ensures that we meet official requirements for safe operations in accordance with laws regulations. Our employees actively participate in ensuring HSE compliance in their daily work.
ACCOUNT OF DUE DILIGENCE
BOS Power has a high standard of business ethics developed in accordance with Norwegian and international frameworks. It focuses on issues such as human right, labor rights, environmental protection, health and safety, diversity, equal opportunity and prevention of illegal behavior, anti-bribery and corruption.
One framework that plays a particularly important role in guiding our approach to business ethics is the Norwegian Transparency Act, which was enacted by the Norwegian Parliament on June 10, 2022. The Transparency Act establishes requirements for certain Norwegian businesses—including ours—to report on fundamental human rights and working conditions.
The Transparency Act also requires that companies like ours regularly publish assessments of what we are doing to comply with the Transparency Act and achieve its aims.
HIGH STANDARD OF BUSINESS ETHICS IN
COMPLIANCE WITH ANY ANTI-BRIBERY LEGISLATION
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and bribery
- We do not give, offer, request, approve or accept, directly or indirectly, what is or may be construed as a bribe
- We allocate resources, suitable systems and notification requirements to ensure proper implementation and application of the anti-bribery policy
- We notify and address concerns, and register as incident when known, or suspected violation of our anti-bribery policy, or receive an offer or inquiry from a third party that is or is perceived as an attempt to bribe
- We seek guidance from colleagues, managers, or our compliance officer if we are in doubt about a situation within our policies or procedures
- We work proactive to identify and resolve anti-bribery risks
- We record all anti-bribery incidents and report according to requirements and definitions
- We classify and investigate all violations of our anti-bribery regulations according to their severity
- We do not accept violations of our anti-corruption policy. Such may result in disciplinary action